1. Event Albums - Event Albums help organize content on each Page. Vidigami Admins, Content Managers, Content Owners and designated editors of each Page can decide whether Event Albums are required or not required on a given Page by specifying their preference in Page Settings. You may set this preference when a Page is being created and you may update this Setting at any time if the Page is already existing
- The Event Albums Required setting has been set to Not Required for all current Pages. Users are prompted to select an Event Album when uploading media, but they will be allowed to upload directly to the Page without adding their media to an Event Album.
- If you want to require Users to upload media to an Event Album, change the setting on a Page to Required. If an Event Album is not selected, the upload cannot be completed. Unless you are confident that Event Albums will always be available to contributors, this Setting is not recommended. Users could be discouraged from uploading because they cannot locate the Event Album for which they want to upload their photos.
- Reference: Events Album FAQ
Best Practice: We strongly recommend you assign at least one Editor to each of your Pages. For example, your 12th Grade (Class of 2022) Page should have your 12th grade teachers added as editors. Editors are able to create albums both directly on the Page as well as dynamically when uploading photos! This will help to ensure Albums are created when needed.
On the roadmap: Photos uploaded directly to a Page may be selected and moved to an Event Album.
2. Adding Tags to Event Albums at Upload - Context tags can be added to the media being uploaded. Note that new tags may take up to 5-minutes to register for Search. Search performance will be improved in upcoming releases.
On the roadmap: Context tags for Event Albums and Pages will be added so that all media uploaded inherits tags added to those levels.
3. Explore Tab has been updated with a School Year selector. The selector defaults to the current school year and users may select previous school years to view all Categories and Pages associated with those school years.
On the roadmap: The Explore tab is intended as your school's digital media library. The current Pages will be more visual. Text description and Follow button will be replaced by imagery, icons and data related to each Page. With the ability to Unfollow Pages here, we will be removing the "MyPages" tab. See preview below.
4. Other Improvements
- General bug fixes and improvements.
- Image display, control and sorting will be continuously improved.
- Cache. This continues to be an area we are improving. Browsers appear to cache our media causing unintended display issues. Please refresh when media does not appear immediately or does not display as expected.
- Search. Current Search provides results on Categories, Pages, Collections, Event Albums and Context Tags. In an upcoming release, you will be able to combine (+) search terms. We will be replacing the Search to provide a more robust solution in the future as we know that is central to using Vidigami.
- Page names (previously Group names) are now associated with School Year - When searching and displaying Pages at Upload, the related school year is displayed alongside the Page name.
- Appearances of duplicate Pages are corrected.
- Admin View - Portfolio by User: Click on link to see media tagged of each User.