If you would like to maintain a secure and up-to-date connection between your school members and their associated media in Vidigami, PowerSchool and Vidigami now offer an SIS integration to mutual schools.
Please follow the steps below in order to enable the connection with Vidigami:
Step 1 - Matching User Host IDs
Because PowerSchool has 3 different databases, in order to perform a sync, user lists will need to be pulled separately. In order to onboard any user (even an individual) from PowerSchool, IDs for different member types (students, teachers, and parents) must be pulled as follows:
- For students: IDs should be “student_number” pulled from the “Students” database
- For teachers: IDs should be the “users_dcid pulled from the “Users” database
- For parents: IDs should be “id” pulled from the “Persons” database
Note: You need to be a DDE or Data Export Manager to be able to export these fields from PowerSchool.
If you are a returning school (meaning that you have already onboarded users to your Vidigami system) the first and most important step to complete before the sync is to ensure that the Host IDs in Vidigami match the IDs assigned to users in PowerSchool.
This is critical in order to perform the initial handshake between both systems, avoid mismatched or duplicate accounts for users, and on the whole, ensure a timely and successful sync of all your data.
What to Watch Out For
Since IDs are pulled from 3 different databases, there may be overlaps where a parent, staff or student may have the same ID. To avoid this:
- Acquire the original PowerSchool ID from each database
- Modify those PowerSchool IDs based on the member type. Typically, we add the first letter for the member type to each ID to make them unique, so for students, it would look something like: S2038788 for a student, P7879870 for a parent, and T6786987 for a staff member or teacher
- Use this modified ID as the Host ID in Vidigami.
If you are unsure if all User IDs are properly matched to their Vidigami Host IDs, please provide a list of all your users with their old IDs (which your school would have provided as part the previous year’s onboarding process) matched to their corresponding updated ID (based on member type) in Powerschool We will make sure to update the IDs on Vidigami before we proceed with the sync.
Step 2 - Setting up Integration
Please reach out to your CSS at Vidigami and provide the following information regarding your PowerSchool account.
- School portal link as used in PowerSchool
- Organization ID for the school as used in PowerSchool.
Vidigami will then create a custom plugin for your school with this information that will be required to be installed in your PowerSchool system. Please have your PowerSchool Database administrator install the plugin and advise your CSS when this step has been completed.
The Vidigami team will then complete the integration process and once validated, your CSS will confirm that the integration is working and can help with syncing your data.