Sets allow users to create collections of bookmarked media from all the groups and albums to which they have access without disrupting content organization.
There are two types of sets:
- Personal - Visible to a single user, Personal Sets are accessible via the "My Sets" tab in the Portfolio (See Portfolio).
- Shared - Group managers can collaboratively bookmark media from all albums in the group. Shared Sets are accessible via the "Group Sets" tab in the Portfolio as well as the "Sets" tab in the Group (see Groups)
- Sets are visible to all users in Vidigami.
- If a group is made ‘Private’, only members of the group will have access to the Group Sets.
Users can create personal sets via the "My Sets" tab in the Portfolio.
Similarly, Administrators and Group Managers can create Group Sets via the "Sets" tab in the Group Page.
Click on "New Set" to create a set.
Alternatively, users can create sets directly from the Lightbox by clicking "Add to Sets" and selecting "New Set" (See Lightbox).
Add or Remove Media from Sets
Once a set is created, users will be able to add media to it via the Lightbox.
Administrators and Managers also have the ability to batch-add media to sets by selecting the checkbox in the top-left corner of the media thumbnail. The Batch-Select Bar will appear with the option to "Add to Sets" (See Batch-Select Bar).
Removing Media from Sets
To remove media from sets open the image or video in the lightbox and select the 3 dots (...) in the bottom right corner. Select "Remove".
Note: This does not delete the media from Vidigami.
Administrators are able to batch-remove media via the batch-select bar, with the option to "Remove".
Delete a Set
Administrators and Group Managers can delete sets by clicking on the pen icon to open the Set settings and selecting Delete Set.
Note: Deleting a Group Set that has been shared externally as a Slideshow will delete the dynamic link that maintains the slideshow up to date.
Sharing Group Sets & Creating a Slideshow
Administrators and Managers can share a Group set by selecting the "Share Set" icon.
The share set offers the following options:
- Share Link to Set
The first URL generated is a Share Link to Set that takes users to the Group Set as it appears in Vidigami. Depending on the Group’s Privacy Settings, this HTML link can only be opened by registered members of the current School Year and/or the members of the group.
- Share Slideshow Outside Vidigami
Selecting the "Share Slideshow Outside Vidigami" checkbox prompts the user them to accept the End User Agreement.
- This will generate a new HTML link to Share Slideshow Outside Vidigami. All content within the Group Set will be displayed as a dynamic slideshow that is viewable by anyone outside Vidigami and restricting the download of any displayed content.
- Embed Slideshow
The "Show Embed Code" icon adjacent to the social media sharing options within the same "Share Set" window, Vidigami will generate an additional Embed Slideshow code that can be inserted into any iframe code block.
This is used for embedding slideshows to web pages, blog posts, digital signage software, and other platforms.
A slideshow will appear as displayed below wh the Share Link is selected, or, when embedded on a page.
After sharing a slideshow externally, users have the ability to dynamically update it by editing the content in the Set within Vidigami.
- Add Titles for each media file, which will be displayed on the slideshow by default.
- Sort Set Media in a custom order
- Modify the embed code (see below)
Here is a list of ways to modify embed codes:
|Code||How to Modify||Purpose|
|width="555" height="370"||Modify the highlighted values for width and height.||Adjust the dimensions of the slideshow depending on the web page or display.|
|autoplay=true||Toggle ‘autoplay’ for the slideshow by changing the highlighted value to true (on) or false (off).||When a slideshow is opened it will immediately begin playing. This function pauses it on the first image.|
|loop=true||Toggle ‘loop’ for the slideshow by changing the highlighted value to true (on) or false (off)||Once a slideshow has displayed all images, it will start again from the beginning. This function enables or disables the loop.|
|transparent=false||Toggle the slideshow transparency by changing the highlighted value to true (on) or false (off)||This function shows or hides the black background behind the media).|
|mute=true||Mute or unmute a slideshow by changing the highlighted value to true (mute) or false (unmute)||This toggle enables the playback of title and description text for each image displayed via a screen reader. It is aimed at enabling schools to work towards becoming ADA Compliant.|
|show_title=true||Toggle titles by changing the highlighted value to true (on) or false (off)||Show or hide the titles for all media displayed in the slideshow.|
|album_link=false||Toggle the ‘Go To Album’ option on the slideshow by simply adding the function after show_title=true& (i.e. show_title=true&album_link=false).||Enables or disables the ‘Go To Album’ option in the bottom-right corner of the slideshow, which allows registered Vidigami users to access the source album for any given image.|
Users can sort media within a set, which is particularly useful to improve storytelling in a public slideshow.
Start by navigating to a set and selecting the "Sort Order" option.
The batch-select the bar will appear. Select the dropdown to choose from any of the following sorting options:
- Oldest or Newest: Sorted by the date the media was captured
- Recently uploaded: Sorted by the date it was uploaded to Vidigami
- File Name: Sorted by the Filename of each media file
- Custom: Sorting media in a preferred order through drag and drop
Press save to confirm changes.
Users with permission to download media will be able to download photos and videos from sets via the Lightbox
Admins can batch-download set content by activating the Batch-Select bar and Selecting "Download".
- This will compress all media from the set into a zip folder. Users may download the photos directly in the browser and choose to be notified once the download is done.