Relationships are how students are linked to their families. Vidigami enables this connection for a number of reasons:
- Parents will be able to see portfolio for each of their children in the Sidebar
- When a student is linked to one or more parents, the parents are automatically added to any groups in which the student is a member. Any student-related activity within the group will populate the parent's feeds and notifications. Additionally, returning schools can roll-over parents to the next academic grade group along with their children.
To assign relationships between students and parents in Vidigami:
- Download and update the "Relationships List" (See Add Users to Vidigami).
- Match each Student Host IDs with Parent Host IDs. To match one student to multiple parents, duplicate the row so Student Host ID is repeated for each individual Parent Host ID.
- Validate the list to ensure there are no errors, duplicates or misspelled columns.
- (Column names should be Student Host ID and Parent Host ID respectively). Save the list as a .CSV file.
- In the Admin panel, select Import User List
- Select the Relationships option
- Updated the Relationships List
- Confirm the spreadsheet’s information and import