In Vidigami, Relationships are how students are linked to their families. We enable this connection for a number of reasons:
- Parents will be able to see profiles for each of their children profiles from the Sidebar. This profile captures all of that student’s tagged media and work in one personalized and organized page.
- When a student is linked to one or more parents, those parents are automatically added to any groups that the student is assigned to. This means that any new media tagged of a student will trigger feeds and notifications for their parent because they are also a part of that group. In addition, when returning schools update their Vidigami site for the new year, parents will be properly rolled over to the next academic grade group along with their children.
To assign relationships between students and parents in Vidigami:
- Download and update the Relationships form.
- In this form, you will need to match each Student Host IDs with Parent Host IDs.
- To match one student to multiple parents, simply duplicate the row such that the same Student Host ID is repeated for each individual Parent Host ID.
- Validate your form to ensure that there are no errors, duplicates or mispelled columns (Column names should be Student Host ID and Parent Host ID respectively). Make sure to save your form as a CSV file.
Share your completed form with your CSS so they may assist you in importing your relationships. If you would like to perform the input independently, you can do so as follows.
- In the Users List of your Admin panel, select Import User List
- Select the Relationships option
- Find and Upload your updated Relationships form on your computer
- Confirm the spreadsheet’s information and import
Note: Relationships are assigned by linking the Student Host ID with a Parent Host ID (Vidigami ID). Vidigami highly recommends Admins to assign IDs to users so that they can Assign Relationships and Memberships with these CSV forms.