- Original media stored has had no alterations to the existing Exif/IPTC/XMP metadata profiles.
- Group, album, context tag and face tag information in Vidigami is stored in databases separated from the media itself. This data will be rejoined at time of export.
Vidigami Export Assurances:
- Vidigami will make reasonable efforts to apply this context and face metadata to each associated piece of media, within the established IPTC standards.
- Vidigami will export:
- All “context” tags and names of individuals appearing in face tags in the “Keywords” field of the associated media’s IPTC metadata.*
- The “creator” tag, if present, separately in the “Credit” field of the associated media’s IPTC metadata.*
- The “title” metadata, if present, separately in the “Title” field of the associated media’s IPTC metadata
- The “description” metadata, if present, separately in the “Description” field of the associated media’s IPTC metadata
- The “copyright” metadata, if present, separately in the “Copyright” field of the associated media’s IPTC metadata
Fig. 1.1: Table of Used IPTC Fields and Descriptions:
|IPTC Field||Description||Example||Max Character Length|
|Description||Long form description of Subject and related subject data in a Natural Language caption||Dictator Simms addresses a crowd at the first football match of the season, etc||2000|
|Keywords||List of subject data by discrete words / phases||Politician, Dicatator, Football||64 (per field*)|
|Credit||Photographer's name, agency name, etc||Juanita Doe/Parador Times||32|
|Copyright||Photographers name, agency name, rights||© Juanita Doe/Parador Times, all rights reserved||128|
|Title||Similar to file name; may include unique identifier.||pt10102r||64|
* Vidigami, where possible, will attempt to abbreviate the first name of individuals when truncating is necessary due to character limits.
Vidigami Export Structure:
- Vidigami’s system does not map directly back to the way file-systems work.
- Season, groups, albums will serve as folders/buckets for content - however additional stipulations must be made to cover fringe cases
- Albums shared to multiple groups will only exist in the group folder that the album was originally added to (or, in cases of an album being moved, the least recent group the album has been added to that it is still currently a part of).
- Media that has been marked for deletion (via the soft delete mechanisms provided in app) will not be available for export.
Vidigami Export Format and Location:
- Vidigami will export the media to the previously outlined directory structure, and will package into a .zip file for ease of transfer.
- The zip file may be stored and delivered to the organization either via a secured Google drive with mutual access or an S3 repository provided by the organization (whom is responsible for paying for the storage and bandwidth costs).