Manually Adding Individual Users to Vidigami
Internal staff members are initially added to Vidigami using this method. To add a single user to Vidigami:
- Navigate to the Admin panel (See Admin Panel)
- In the Users tab, select "Add User."
- Input the member’s first name, last name, email address, Host ID, and User Type. If the user is a student, include Grad Year (See Host IDs).
- Note: It’s essential to ensure that any student or parent information is the same as the information recorded in the school database to avoid duplicates. Two critical pieces of data that always need to match are the User Host ID, and Grad Year (for students).
Adding Multiple Users to Vidigami (Onboarding)
The process of systematically adding multiple users to the school's User List is known as Onboarding.
Depending on how your school organizes their database (i.e. the school is using a specific Student Information System provider, such as Blackbaud, Veracross or PowerSchool), Vidigami provides three options to onboard members:
1 - CSV Import
To apply this method, the Admin must provide the Client Success Specialist with the following forms:
- New Users CSV - Identifies all members of the school. The information required includes full name, unique email per account, user type, unique Host IDs, and lastly, a grad year, which determines the user’s academic grade group if applicable (see User Types, Roles and Permissions).
- Relationships CSV - Links students with their corresponding parent, allowing parents to have direct contact with their children's content (see Assign Relationships).
2 - Rollover Members
As students advance to higher grades, Vidigami updates their information accordingly, as well as systematically rolling over Parents, Teachers, and Staff to relevant groups.
To Rollover Members, The school must provide the Client Success Specialist with one of the following lists:
- ADD LIST - It identifies when new members are joining your school after the school year has started. The information required includes full name, unique email per account, user type (student, staff, member), unique ID per account, and grad year, which determines the user’s academic grade group if applicable.
- DIFF LIST - This list identifies any members who are leaving the school (e.g. non-graduating students, staff). The information required includes full name, unique email per account, user type, unique ID per account, and grad year, which determines the user’s academic grade group if applicable.
- Migrate all staff members from the previous year, and place them under a Staff & Faculty group.
- Update Student information based on the grad year indicated in the Users List.
- Download and complete the Relationship List - which is used to connect new students to their parents, adding them to any group to which the student belongs. This relationship will populate feeds and notifications (See Assign Relationships).
3 - SIS Integration
Vidigami enables SIS integration with the following providers (See Integrations):
Note: Adding users to videogame DOES NOT mean they have access to Vidigami. The administrator controls access by sending an invitation link (See Invite Users).
Adding Users to the School Year
For a user to be in a School Year they must belong to a group in the School Year. Users can be added to groups in two ways:
- Admin Section
- In the User List in the Admin Section, select the user to add to a school year
- Click on the Add to Group Button
Select the School Year and search for the desired Group. The user can be added to multiple Groups at the same time in the same school year.
Activated users will be notified when they are added to a New Year
- Group Page