Vidigami is a collaborative, enterprise-level platform. What this means, is that people can be added to the system in different ways, either for the purposes of organizing content, or to participate in the sharing of photos and videos.
When it comes to managing media, you will need information about members of your community (names, user types, grad years...etc) in order to properly organize your photos and videos, like when you tag faces or assign people to their correct grades or classes. Adding users is also essential for assigning special roles and for inviting users to participate in the system.
You may choose to add a single user at a time, or, you may want to import a list of users extracted from your school database or student information system (recommended for large organizations. It’s important to note that in this stage, you are not granting immediate access to the people you add to Vidigami. To do this, you will need to Invite them.
Here’s an overview on the different ways you can add users:
1 - Adding Multiple Users (Onboarding)
Batch-adding people to Vidigami is a process referred to as Onboarding, and it is the recommended method for adding the constituency of your schools. This how you systematically import your community’s members into Vidigami’s Users List. From there on, you can assign people to relevant groups, choose to invite users to participate at a later point, and, if they activate their account, have their content personalized as per their families, groups, and teams.
- New Users CSV Creates all your community to Vidigami; Student, Staff, and Members
- Relationships CSV Links Students with their corresponding parent, allowing parents to have direct contact with their children's content.
Depending on how your school database is currently organized (i.e. are you using a certain Student Information System provider?), Vidigami provides 3 options for you to onboard members from your community.
2 - Adding Individual Users
This is usually how administrative users or other internal staff members are initially added to Vidigami, as they will be the people responsible for setting up their school system. To add a single user to Vidigami
- Navigate to the Admin panel
- In the Users tab, select Add User.
- Input the member’s first name, last name, email address, Host ID, and User Type (there are 3 User Types available in Vidigami: Staff, Student or Member). If your user is a student, you will also need to input their Grad Year, which determines which Grade Group they are added to.
Note: It’s important to ensure that any information you add into Vidigami for student or parent (member) users must be the same as their record in your school database. 2 key pieces of data that always need to be matched are the User Host ID, and Grad Year (for students).