Assigning Users to Groups
All users in Vidigami should be a member of at least one group for a specific school year. This will ensure that they have access to content in Vidigami (if they are invited), and are always linked to any new or existing content relevant to them, their children, peers, or students. A common example is a grade group (i.e. Grade 4). This group would contain all students, staff members, and linked parents for that specific grade.
Note: only users who have successfully been Onboarded (added by the school) to Vidigami can be assigned to groups.
When users are made members of groups, they will be able to see all their groups in the Sidebar, receive relevant feeds and notifications, and will be able to share content among other members from their groups in Vidigami.
There are 2 common ways you can add users to groups:
1 - Assigning individual users to a group from Users List
- Under the Admin panel, select the checkbox for one or more given users from the Users List.
- A green bar will appear with the following actions. Select the Add to Group option.
- Next, select the School Year and search for the desired Group within that year.
- The user can be added to multiple Groups at the same time within the given school year. If they are already activated, the users will be notified when they have been added to a new year
2 - Assigning individual users to a group within that group
- Users can also be added from within a group. To do this, navigate to a specific group you would like to add the user to.
- In the Members tab, select Add Member.User can also be added from within a group. To do this, navigate to a specific group you would like to add the user to.
- list of all users from the system will open. Select the users you want to add to the group and click on Add.
- When Adding a student, their parent will be automatically added to the group.