Context Tags are keywords that can be applied to any media, album and group. This improves the searchability and organization of all the content stored in Vidigami.
When a user applies a context tag to a group, all the albums within that group will inherit the tag as well. Subsequently, when additional tags are applied to an album, all photos or videos in that album will also inherit the tags from both the group and album. This trickle-down of tags is how all content becomes intelligently organized in the system.
Character Limitations for Context Tags
- Use only alphanumeric characters
- Users may include "underscore" and should not include hyphens and dashes.
- No spaces between words: (e.g. Halloween Week should be tagged as halloweenweek)
- No special characters: "!, $, %, ^, &, *, +, ."
- No punctuation: Punctuations will render the tag in error (apostrophes, colon, semicolon)
Apply Tags to a Group
To add tags to a group, navigate to the group and select the blue "add tags" link on the top-right corner under the upload button. Add tags by searching for them in the dropdown list, or, create new tags by typing one in the search bar and selecting "Add".
Users can also edit tags via the group settings.
Apply Tags to an Album
Users can add context tags to any album in Vidigami. Applying a tag to an album causes all photos or videos contained in that album to inherit the tag(s). It is important to note that the inherited group tags cannot be removed, because they play an important part in organizing the album content based on the groups to which they belong.
- Grey tags - Represent tags inherited from the group-level
- Blue outline tags - Specific to the album
There are two ways to apply and remove tags:
- Album page: All tags currently applied to the album are displayed under the album title. Select the "add tags" button to add or remove context tags from the current album. Click "save" to complete.
- Album Settings: Update tags from the "album settings" page, by selecting the pencil (Edit) icon on the top-right corner of the album. In the "tags" section, users can choose to add or remove tags.
Apply Tags to Media
Aside from inherited tags users can add additional tags to individual media.
Via the Lightbox (See Lightbox) click on a video or image and select the More Info option on the top-right corner.
Then, select the Edit (pencil icon) to update the information for the media. Media-specific tags appear in grey. Inherited tags appear in dark blue.
Apply Tags to Videos
Uploaded and embedded videos can be tagged.
However, because videos are dynamic, users can't add a direct face tag to a video. Instead, admins can tag people in a video by adding their names in the With section under the Info panel of the video lightbox.
Once the info is saved, the video will be linked to the user under their Portfolio page, and will also appear when their name is entered in the Global Search bar.
Remove tags by hovering over and clicking the ”X”.