In Vidigami, whenever you click on any photo or video from within an album, it will open the media in what we call the Lightbox. In this view, you can view the media in more detail, and update the information.
While in the Lightbox, you will be able to view the following information about the media:
- Album title (marked blue) - this is displayed at the top left corner of the Lightbox. This is helpful for when users open media through a Feeds story, indicating which exact album it was uploaded to. This link can be clicked on to navigate to that album and view more content.
- Uploaded By - this indicates the user who uploaded the photo to Vidigami. Knowing who uploads what enables your school to manage accountability at all times.
- Upload date - this the date the photo or video was uploaded to Vidigami.
You will also be able to perform the following actions in the top panel of the Lightbox:
- Like media - This action will add the photo or video to the Likes tab of your Portfolio page.
- Tag faces - This first detects faces for you, which you can then tag of anyone you know who is registered in Vidigami. When you begin typing their name, a dropdown list will appear of everyone in the current group.
- Order a print or other photo product from Shop.
- More Info - here, you will be able to update:
- Media Title - the title of the current photo or video opened.
- Description - allowing you to add even more context to the media and share a story about that moment.
- Date and time captured - this allows you to edit the time this was captured.
- With - this is a tagging capability where you can add people who are included in the media, but whose faces may not necessarily be detected. This is commonly used to identify people in videos.
- Created By - add a creator or author of a piece of work or project. This will add the media to that user's Works tab under their Portfolio page.
- Tags - this is where you can add additional context tags to the media aside from the ones it inherits from the album and group.
- Copyright - when you add an individual or company name under Copyright for an image, this will generate a watermark, protecting the photo from being downloaded prior to purchase or licensing.
- Original File Name - under More Info - this will be the exact file name that the media had before it was uploaded into Vidigami, either from your file manager or external photo software.
- Size (in pixels) - under More Info - this gives you an idea of the image resolution and how large the media is, which is useful for checking whether the quality will be good for printing into a book or other publications.
At the bottom of the Lightbox, you have the option to:
- Add to Sets: this allows you to add the media to a new or existing set in Vidigami.
- Download: this allows you to immediately download the photo that is currently displayed in either a web version (default) or as the original image quality.
- Move media to a different album within the group.
- When you select the 3 dots (...) you can also:
- Set as Album Cover - this will change the current thumbnail for the album as it is displayed within the group.
- Rotate: this lets you change the orientation of the media by 90 degrees either clockwise or counter clockwise.
- Report Media - in the event of inappropriate content, reporting or flagging will immediately unshare the media in Vidigami and notify the admin.
- Delete: if you uploaded the media, only you and your school administrator have the ability to delete it entirely from the system.