Any user with the permission to Manage Groups can manage Album Settings. Navigate to an album and select the pencil icon in the top right corner of the page to open the Album Settings page.
Here, you can edit the following:
- Album Name
- Start Date - If you want to change the album start date (which determines a specific time when the media was captured), select a date from the calendar.
- Year-round - use this if the album will contain media from all round the year or represents a collection of photos around the year.
- Album Description
- Publish Album - Published albums are visible to everyone with viewing privileges for the group. If this is switched off, albums are Unpublished - meaning that they will be visible only to admins, who may continue to upload content to those albums. This is a useful way to preload albums with content before making them visible to all members of a group. By default, every new album is set to Published by default. If you do not want anyone to view the album and its content, make sure to turn off Publish Album.
- Lock Album - By default, all new albums are Unlocked, which means users with upload permissions will be able to normally upload content to them. Locking an album blocks any uploads to that album. If you do not want anyone to upload content to the album, you Lock it. Only Administrators can Lock or Unlock albums. This is a common feature for events like contests and enforcing deadlines for collecting academic content.
- Add More Groups - If the album involves multiple groups of people (eg: more than 1 class or grade) you can link more groups to the album so that it can exist in all of them at the same time. Content in groups is co-owned by all the members of the associated groups.
- Add/Remove Tags - this is where you can apply album-level tags.
- Delete - Admins are able to delete albums. Deleting an album also deletes all photos within that album.