Vidigami has 7 preset Categories that allow you to easily organize all your groups per school year. Categories are not containers, but labels that differentiate each group by a color and icon. You assign Categories when you are creating a group.
- Internal: Ideally used for all internal operations, groups labelled under this category can be made private by going into the groups' settings and enabling “Make Private”. Examples of Internal Groups are: Faculty & Staff, Parent Association, Yearbook, Marketing, Advancement.
- Academics: When a student is assigned to a specific Grad Year, that means that they will become a member of that corresponding grade group. These grade groups are labeled under the Academics category. Examples of Academic Groups are: Grade 1, Miss Rose’s Class, Upper School, Lower School.
- Athletics: If your school offers sports programs, different teams will typically belong to groups labelled under the Athletics Category. Examples of such team groups are commonly the sport name and division: Basketball Girls, Hockey Boys, Cross Country, Paralympics.
- Arts: If your school offers art programs and activities such as Visual Arts, Music or Theatre, you can label those groups under the Arts Category. These Arts Groups may include: Senior Production, Annual Fine Arts Showcase, Battle of the Bands, Pottery, Photography.
- Events: Content for any event that takes place throughout the school year is typically added to a group labelled under Events. These Event groups may house content for occasions such as school-wide holiday events (Christmas Fair), Halloween, Easter, fundraisers, miscellaneous contests, Sports Day.
- Clubs: Clubs are essentially groups for extra-curricular activities and initiatives. Label a group under Clubs for student or faculty-led groups like Chess Club, Mathalon, Student Council, Cooking.
- Off-Campus: Label groups under Off-Campus trips and activities such as field trips, summers abroad, exchange programs and more. This can also apply for any staff conferences.