Groups organize people and albums.
All groups can be found in the Group Directory page. Each group must belong to one of the preset Categories.
*Users in Vidigami must be added to at least one group within the school year.
The Group page contains four tabs:
- Albums - (see Albums)
- Sets - (see Sets)
- Members - Manage Group Members. Visible only to Administrators and Managers.
- Settings - Groups have unique privacy settings, giving Administrators full control of the content and sharing permissions.
Create a Group
Administrators are the only users who can create groups in Vidigami. To create a new group, navigate to the Group Directory and click on the Create Group button.
- Group Name
- Select Category – a group can only belong to one category at a time.
- Make Private – Determines if the group and its contents are visible to all users in Vidigami or private to members of that group only.
- Tags - Apply group-level tags to improve searchability and association with similar groups
- (eg: the tag ‘grade 1’ is added to both “Miss Rose’s Class” and “Mr. John’s Class”).
Manage Group Members
When Admins or Managers add members to groups in Vidigami, they can view and manage those members via the Members tab, which displays a list of all the members who are a part of the group.
To add users to a group, select Add Members. From this list, Administrators and Managers can either search for specific people by typing their name in the search bar or filter people by:
- User Type
- School Year
- Groups in which they are members
- Relationships (whether or not they have a link to another user as parent or child)
- Activation Status
- Grad Year (Student)
Administrators and Managers can also add members to the group in the form of a list. Select the "Add Members List" to the right of "Add Member". Copy and paste the usernames, or, their unique identifiers from the corresponding database or information provider.
Batch-Add Members to Groups
Administrators can batch-add members to groups by copying and pasting either User IDs or full names from an existing spreadsheet. To do this, navigate to the Members tab in the group and select Add Member List.
Remove a member from the group by checking their name in the members' list. The Batch-Select Bar will appear with the option to "Remove From Group". Select and Proceed. Removing a user from a group does not delete their account; They will no longer have access to the content in that group (see Batch-Select Bar).
Export List of Members
Export all the members of a group by selecting the Export User List option. A download of the CSV will begin shortly.
Change Group Roles
Update the group-level roles of one or more members by checking their names. The Batch-Select Bar will appear with the option to "Change Role". Choose a new group role for those users.
Filter the Members List by applying the following filters:
- User Type
- Activation Status
Import Groups from Previous Years
- Export the groups from the previous school year by selecting the "Export Group List" option from Group Directory
- Update the Group Host IDs
- Validate the CSV and share with Vidigami CSS
For assistance in setting up groups for the new school year, please contact a Client Success Specialist (CSS).
Manage Group Settings
Administrators or Managers can modify the settings of any group by navigating to the Settings tab of the group.
Here, they are able to change:
- Group Name
- Privacy: this determines whether the group is visible only to members or users who are a part of the whole school year. Turn on Make Private to members only. This will add a visual indicator to the group icon in the Group Directory.
Note: Keep in mind that groups created under any Category (including Internal) are always set to Public by default, and will need to be made Private through the group's settings.
- Sets: this enables a new Sets tab in the group, which is hidden by default for all new groups. By switching this on, members of the group with Admin or Manager permissions can collaboratively bookmark photos for various uses.
- Tags: Add or remove context tags to the group by searching in the dropdown or creating new tags. Remove existing tags by selecting the “X” on each tag.
- Delete the group if needed.
Once changes have been applied, select Save.