Groups organize people.
Create a Group
Administrators are the only users who can create groups in Vidigami. To create a new group, navigate to the Group Directory and click on the Create Group button.
To add users to a group, select Add Group from the organization's user list. From this list, Administrators and Managers can either search for specific people by typing their name in the search bar or filter people by:
- User Type
- School Year
- Groups in which they are members
- Relationships (whether or not they have a link to another user as parent or child)
- Activation Status
- Grad Year (Student)
Administrators and Managers can also add members to the group in the form of a list. Select the "Add Members List" to the right of "Add Member." Copy and paste the usernames, or, their unique identifiers from the corresponding database or information provider.
Administrators can Batch-add members to groups by copying and pasting either User IDs or full names from an existing spreadsheet. To do this, navigate to the Members tab in the group and select Add Member List.
Remove a member from the group by checking their names in the members' list and clicking the "x" button. Removing a user from a group does not delete their account; They will no longer have access to the content in that group.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS RELEVANT ONLY IN VERSION 2
Export List of Members
Export all the members of a group by selecting the Export User List option. A download of the CSV will begin shortly.
Change Group Roles
Update the group-level roles of one or more members by checking their names. The Batch-Select Bar will appear with the option to "Change Role." Choose a new group role for those users.
Filter the Members List by applying the following filters:
- User Type
- Activation Status
Import Groups from Previous Years
- Export the groups from the last year school by selecting the "Export Group List" option from Group Directory
- Update the Group Host IDs
- Validate the CSV and share with Vidigami CSS
For assistance in setting up groups for the new school year, please contact a Client Success Specialist (CSS).
Manage Group Settings
Administrators or Managers can modify the settings of any group by navigating to the Settings tab of the group.
Here, they can change:
- Group Name
- Privacy: this determines whether the group is visible only to members or users who are a part of the whole school year. Turn on Make Private to members only, which will add a visual indicator to the group icon in the Group Directory.
Note: Keep in mind that groups created under any Category (including Internal) are always set to Public by default, and will need to be made Private through the group's settings.
- Sets: this enables a new Sets tab in the group, which is hidden by default for all new groups. By switching this on, members of the group with Admin or Manager permissions can collaboratively bookmark photos for various uses.
- Tags: Add or remove context tags to the group by searching in the dropdown or creating new tags. Remove existing tags by selecting the “X” on each tag.
- Delete the group if needed.
Select Save to apply changes