All users can upload photos and video Clips of up to 30-seconds. To enable support for video uploads up to 5 minutes, please contact your CSS. Once enabled, this feature is available to all Admins/Managers by default. You may also provide this permission to users by adding it to a Custom Role.
Once the feature is enabled, navigate to an album and select the Add Video icon (middle icon below).
This action will open the Add Video modal that includes the option to Insert External Videos from YouTube or Vimeo (if users have the Add External Video permission, they will also be able to add videos from YouTube and Vimeo) or, to upload a long video (up to 5 minutes) natively to Vidigami.
The Upload Video interface is designed to accept video files only. All videos up to 5 minutes can now be individually added.
Here, you can simply drag and drop a video, or select the file from your computer. This uploader can be used to upload both short and long form videos. Note that only video files will be accepted in this uploader.
A progress bar will indicate progress of the upload. While it is uploading, you will be able to review the video information:
- On (date and time video was captured)
- With (tag users who are visible and/or included in the video)
- Created By (users who created or authored the video subject - common for student work)
- Copyright (assign a copyright holder to the video)
- Duration (cannot modify as this depends on the original video file)
- Context tags* (or keywords to make the video searchable)
Once completed, select Done to add the video to your album.
Reminder: if you would like to centralize videos that have been hosted publicly in YouTube or Vimeo, you can also add them as external videos to Vidigami. Unlike native videos, these do not live in Vidigami, but they can be embedded into albums and are viewed exactly as the same as native videos and photos.
Reminder: if enabled for your school, only Admins or Managers have the ability to upload up to 5 minute videos.
If you would like other users to perform this action as well, you will need to toggle the Upload Videos permission within a specific Custom Role under the Roles tab in the Admin Panel. You must then assign that role to those select users whom you would like to upload their long videos.
*Understanding the difference between the Upload Media, Upload Videos and Insert External permissions.
- By default, Vidigami allows all contributors (via the Upload Media permission) to upload short 30 second clips to albums along with photos using the default Uploader (cloud icon). This media is always hosted locally within Vidigami, and visible to only your community.Do not use this uploader to add your long form videos. You can request your CSS to deactivate Clips from this process if required. See Upload Media.
- The Upload Videos permission is only available if you have requested the ability to add 5 minute videos. This uploader is accessed using the same Add Video button (video icon) and can be used to upload any video as long as it is under 5 minutes in length (including 30 second clips).
- The Insert External permission is enabled by default for all Admins and Managers. This modal is accessed using the same Add Video button (video icon) and can be used to upload any video as long as it is under 5 minutes in length (including 30 second clips). See Insert External Videos.