Vidigami allows Admins and Managers (or any user with Insert External permission) to embed or insert external videos to any album along with native videos and images using the video share links from the following platforms:
Note: Embedded videos are not 'uploaded' to Vidigami, but rather 'hosted externally' so they can be centralized with all your other media content in a more organized way. You will still have the ability to modify key information associated to embedded videos within Vidigami.
To insert or embed an external video into Vidigami:
Copy the share link of a video from Vimeo:
In Vidigami, navigate to an Album and select the Add Video icon (middle icon below):
This action will open the Add Video modal with an empty link field under Embed. Simply paste the link you copied from YouTube or Vimeo into the empty field.
If the link is accepted, you will be able to review the video information:
- Video Thumbnail*
- Description* (pulled from the YouTube or Vimeo description)
- On* (date and time video was captured)
- Created By*
- Duration (cannot modify as this depends on the YouTube or Vimeo video)
- Context tags* (or keywords to make the video searchable)
*These items can be edited at a later time. Once completed, select Submit to insert the video to your album.
Reminder: only Admins or Managers have the ability to insert external videos.
If you would like other users to perform this action as well, you will need to toggle the Insert External permission within a specific Custom Role under the Roles tab in the Admin Panel. You must then assign that role to those select users whom you would like to insert external videos.
*Understanding the difference between the Insert External, Upload Videos, and Upload Media permissions.
- The Insert External permission is enabled by default for all Admins and Managers. This modal is accessed using the same Add Video button (video icon) and can be used to upload any video.
- The Upload Videos permission is only available if you have requested the ability to add 5 minute videos. This uploader is accessed using the same Add Video button (video icon) and can be used to upload any video as long as it is under 5 minutes in length (including 30 second clips). See Upload Long Videos (5 Minutes).
- By default, Vidigami allows all contributors (via the Upload Media permission) to upload short 30 second clips to albums along with photos using the default Uploader (cloud icon). This media is always hosted locally within Vidigami, and visible to only your community.Do not use this uploader to add your long form videos. You can request your CSS to deactivate Clips from this process if required. See Upload Media.